Wednesday, September 19, 2018

WOYWW: This Generation



I bought this book recently and started drawing my day in a small notebook. 




“How shall I describe this generation?" Luke 7:31



We could say that Jesus was frustrated. He asked, "What comparison can I use for the men of today? What are they like?" And He compares them to kids playing a game in the city square, or in the public market. The children play wedding songs or funeral songs, anything that can get them a bit of money perhaps.  Men and women of today are still much the same. We are still playing games, not very serious about what we believe in.  We like to pick and choose the songs we sing.  We like to do it "my way".  In Jesus' time, people criticized John the Baptist for being too severe, for fasting all the time. But they also put down Jesus for feasting and eating, and being a friend of sinners. Today, we may read the Bible, but gloss over the verses that bring us to hard places, places where we would rather not go. Repentance. Transformation. Sacrifice. Forgiveness 70 x 7. Do we pass these Bible passages by?

If we want a life where God makes an appearance, where we can say we know the God of the Bible, we cannot make Him up.  We cannot invent Him.  We cannot make Him in our image. We need to be serious, read the Bible God has given us so we can get to know Him, the one true God, and all He has done through the ages to make us a part of His family. We have a marvelous inheritance in Him. In awe, we can only pray, "Lord, show up in my life!" 




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

11 comments:

  1. Your new book looks very interesting and your day does too! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote about silencing the voice that says you cannot paint. Great trombonist Patsy! Have a great week. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the idea of drawing your day, wish I had the time to create something like this. Fabulous Bible page too.
    Happy WOYWW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Patsy. I like the book - lovely quotes and sayings. How true that e need to gaze at the God of the Bible and get to know Him for who He is - not who we make Him out to be.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great book - I can't draw for toffee so would struggle with that. I do love your Bible journaling - I completely agree with your comments about getting to know God truly and deeply for who He really is and not what we want to make Him. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. God Bless. Caro x (#16)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Draw your day - what a great idea, perfect for you, I'd say! I really like the two quotes that you've shown and the way they are lettered..gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you will make a lovely job of that "Draw your day" book - what a great idea. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was impressed by the book and loved seeing your drawings, too. You draw SO well! Happy WOYWW from # 1 thanks to Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patsy, the draw your day is a lovely idea, and i do like your music man picture! Have a lovely week Heather x #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patsy, like the idea of a journal where you draw picture relating to your day. Very clever. Have a great crafty week and a happy woywww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new journal looks awesome! I don't think I would have the time in one day to do all that drawing and writing! Have a great week, Lindart #25

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy