Monday, January 06, 2020

Great Crowds


“And great crowds...followed Him.” Matthew 4:25




If Jesus came today, we can expect the same phenomenon. One healing, two, three, and people will come in crowds, even from far away. “His fame spread to all of Syria...and great crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, and Judea, and from beyond the Jordan followed Him.” Perhaps some are merely curious, others in search of a story. Not everyone is sick physically. Some were possessed, lunatics, and He was able to cure them. If we were part of the crowd, what would we be wanting Jesus to do for us? 


The thing is, Jesus died, and rose from the dead, so we do not have to be jostling for position in a crowd of people. We just need to wake up early in the morning and talk to Him! Or, we don’t even have to wake up early at all. We can talk to Him while we are commuting to work, waiting in the bank, washing dishes. Jesus can be our constant companion. What a pity if we don’t take advantage of this privilege! 


I have a lot of time right now while recuperating, and I have the leisure of going through my long list of people who need prayers. I also ask the Saints, and Mama Mary to pray with me. I once said to Mama Mary apologetically, “I am sorry I have such a long list!”, and I felt the kindest voice say, “I have infinite time.” I know that Jesus too has infinite time for us, for even our foolish thoughts and imaginings. We need never think that Jesus is too busy to listen to us. It is usually the other way around, we are too busy for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy