Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Hope for the Future


“I am an unhappy woman. I was pouring out my troubles to the Lord. My prayer has been prompted by deep sorrow and misery.” 1 Samuel 1:15-16




Hannah was unhappy because she was barren. She longed to have a male child and she promised that if the Lord remembered her, she would give her child to the Lord. Eventually she bore a son whom she called Samuel. Her son led Israel from the system of judges to its first monarchy under Saul. He was a prophet, the last Judge of Israel and anointer of Kings! 


If Hannah only knew what God had in mind for her, she would not have been bitter and miserable. Instead she would have rejoiced and spent the time in the Temple praising the Lord!


We can hold on to God’s promise in Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” We can choose to be shortsighted like Hannah and dwell in our problems, or we can obey God’s advice to “rejoice the the Lord always!” (Phil.4:4) and have hope for the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy