Thursday, January 23, 2020

Saul was Jealous


“Saul was jealous of David.” 1 Samuel 18:9




We know that God sought out David because David was a a man after God’s own heart. David did what was right in God’s eyes. He wasn’t perfect, but he always turned back to God if he made a mistake.. Saul on the other hand, was disobedient, proud and unteachable. Samuel the prophet was there to guide Saul, but God said, “I regret that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.” (1 Sam.15:11)


Whether we are a parent, a teacher, a CEO, an employee, a Senator, a student, we should try to be teachable, reading the Bible so we can learn how to be obedient and humble in God’s eyes. We should always pray and listen to God. 


In Proverbs 3:1-4, we read, “My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy