Wednesday, January 08, 2020

No One Has Seen God


“No one has ever seen God.” 1 John 4:12




I usually start my day thanking God for the previous day, for blessings big and small. Today I thanked God for Luigi, my husband, and said I saw God’s face in him, because of Luigi’s love for me. Ever since my operation, Luigi has had to do everything for me, bathing me, combing my hair, bringing the oxygen tank up and down the stairs, buying so much medicine,  going to Bambang to buy an oxygenator, walking with me very slowly to church every day, etc. When I suggested at the start, we get a caregiver, he said, “Let’s take it one day at a time.” The other day after going to the doctor, and getting more assignments to do, I said I was sorry he had so much on his plate. He said he was happy to do it for me. 


We may never see God, but if we are sensitive and observant, I believe we will see God in the goodness of people around us. We can see Him especially in His Word which never returns to Him empty but will accomplish and achieve the purpose for which He sends it (Isaiah 55:11). We can see God in the beauty of nature. There is no doubt that He created a beautiful, awesome world for us to enjoy ourselves in. If only we took more care of it. 


I believe we are surrounded by God’s love and He is continually showing us His face in different, creative ways. We too can be the face of God to others when we are kind, generous, encouraging and loving. “If we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is brought to perfection in us.” (1 John 4:12)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy