Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Act Upon It

"My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act upon it." Luke 8:21




When I was young, I liked pretending I was a princess, or daughter of some important person. I would imagine where I lived, what I wore, what I did. Sometimes my sisters and I would play make believe and choose what actress we wanted to be. I chose Debbie Reynolds and one of my sisters chose to be the more radical Jane Fonda. My other sister wanted to be the lady who advertised Sunsilk shampoo because of her beautiful hair. 


We can't choose our families, can we? But sometimes, especially when we are mad, we wish we could! In a very real sense we CAN be part of a royal family. Jesus tells us how in Luke 8:21. If we want to be REAL princesses and princes, sons and daughters of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we need to HEAR God's word and ACT upon it. 


Imagine, the gates of the Kingdom of heaven are open to us! I definitely want to walk in and belong there! No matter how much of our creativity we use, we will never be able to imagine the treasures, the glory, the magnificence of the Kingdom we are invited to be a part of! Jesus' arms, the Father's arms are open wide for us! Lord, thank You for Your love which makes all this possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy