Tuesday, September 10, 2024

High Praises

“Let the high praises of God be in their throats." Psalm 149:9




I have to confess that I don't praise God enough. I don't take the time to stand up and sing during my prayer time in the morning. I usually do that during prayer meetings, with brothers and sisters singing at a crescendo with the music ministry.

What I fail to realize every day is that if I do praise God I do it in unison with the largest and the best choir in the world (and out of the world!) We sing with the angels, and archangels, the saints, the hosts and powers of heaven. Indeed if we do not praise God, we do not really know Him, for to know God is to know He is worthy of praise, of resounding praise!


A preacher I was listening to on Youtube said that praises to God was like a huge, eternal Mexican wave (the rhythm achieved in a packed stadium when successive groups of spectators briefly stand, yell, and raise their arms). We need not initiate it, we just need to choose whether to join in. I like that, at any time anywhere that I choose to praise God, I would be part of this wonderful cloud of praise going up to heaven. One with Charity Gayle, Sandi Patti, Darlene Zschech, Suzy Yaraei, Mark Hall, Kim Walker-Smith, Chris Tomlin, etc. as I sing with them on YouTube or Spotify. And one with Moses and Miriam, King David, Saint Cecilia, Saint Augustine, Saint Francis…the list goes on.... Isn't that exciting?


“I can't wait for eternity

Join the song they're already singing

Holy, holy, holy Are you Lord!

Just to bow down before your throne

See your face, I'll cry out Because you're holy, holy, holy

Are you Lord!

Jesus, king of kings Jesus, majesty

Standing with those who have heard well done

Proclaiming forever

that you're the one who's Faithful, faithful, faithful

Are you Lord! Oh

What can we give you but endless praise?

The heavens roar as we shout Your name is Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

You are Lord

Worthy, worthy, worthy

Lord, another glimpse of glory

We sing once more

Worthy, worthy, worthy Lord, forever, forever!” (Charity Gayle, Endless Praise) 


https://youtu.be/gEinUp3--FY?si=sVNC7Y-VNHr3r2Bt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy