Monday, April 22, 2013

You Call Me By Name

"I have made you a light to the Gentiles..."
Acts 13:14
This must have been an amazing message
for the Jews to hear
but so welcome for the "outsiders"!
And so it continues today.
Sometimes we take the Word of God for granted.

Do we really treat the Bible
as if the words written on it
came from the Creator of the Universe?
Sometimes we are so bored reading 
the same words over and over again!
But these are the only words
that can give us fullness of life!

Thank you Lord for being patient with me!
Especially during those times when I want to 
just rush through my prayers and my reading of 
Your words of life and truth!

You call me by name and you guide me.
  


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
#6,the vivacious  Gloria of Viva La Vida.


Sometimes I put on my best pajamas 
and join these great parties! 








Blessings,
Patsy

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely inspiring message. We cannot take the "WORD" for granted. For me it does bring so much life. Thank you for sharing this today. Many hugs and many blessings to you Patsy. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I enjoyed the inspiring creative presentation of The Word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you so much. I love that word "vivacious." Thank you so much. I won something last week and again this week. Woo Hoo. Okay, I will send you email. Again thank you.
    I to enjoyed your creative post about the "word." Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to Sunday Stillness.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pastor preached yesterday about the transforming power of the word of God. He preached from the book of Jonah--how Jonah spoke so very few words from the mouth of God to the people of Ninevah. And everyone--everyone in that wicked city repented. God's word is REAL power, yet I too very often take it for granted. Good post, with all your lovely artwork, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We cannot underestimate the power of the Word of God, can we! The never changing, always convicting, deeply penetrating, Word of God. Thanks for linking today at UNITE! ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I'm your neighbor at Jen's this week. I LOVE to linger here in your artwork and in your words. Blessings, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Rushing through my prayers." Guilty. And I don't know why because when I bask and linger in His presence, my heart is joyous. I love this set. How encouraging to be reminded that God know and uses my name!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy