Wednesday, July 23, 2014

WOYWW: Me? A Prophet?

This morning I was reading from the Prophet Jeremiah.
Jeremiah was called when he was a young boy,
and naturally he became fearful!

But God said to Jeremiah,
"Say not, 'I am too young', ...have no fear...
for I am with you..." Jeremiah 1:1-10

Like Jeremiah, I can imagine God saying the same thing
to me and to you:
"Before I formed you in your mother's womb,
I knew you.
Before you were born, I dedicated you,
I called you.
Say not 'I am too young', 'I am too shy',
'I am too insignificant', 'I am not smart'...

"Wherever I put you- in your office, in your school,
in your neighborhood, go!
Whomever I send you to speak to, speak!
Have no fear, for I am with you...."

 We have unique opportunities, unique talents
and resources. 
Yes, we too are called to be prophets
where we are, with what we have!
To prophecy not only means to predict the future
but also to reveal the message and the will of God.
So when we read God's Word,
and share it with others,
we can be God's prophet!

 Yesterday was the feast day of Saint Mary Magdalene. 
We should take heart because she 
who was saved from 7 demons by Jesus, 
and was not condemned by Him in spite of her many sins, 
is the most unlikely of saints! 
"Woman, why are you weeping?" 
Jesus asked her twice in John chapter 20. 
She didn't recognize him, 
thought he was a gardener, of all people! 
But then, can you blame her 
for not being very observant, or sensitive to God's presence? 
After all, she had just lost the One who loved her most! 
She felt lonely, devastated even. 
When she went to the tomb on that first Easter morning, 
it was still dark, but she could already 
see that the body of Jesus was not there.


When Jesus asked her, "Why are you weeping?", 

she answered in despair, "Please sir, 
if you have carried him away, TELL ME WHERE???"


 How many times are we like this? 
We cry, distraught, fearful, angry even, 
because of seemingly hopeless circumstances. 
We do not see God in our everyday. 
Just like Mary did not even give importance 
to the two angels sitting at the head 
and the foot of where Jesus had been laid. 
This was an allusion to the Ark of the Covenant, 
to the Mercy seat (Ex. 25:22).


When we are at our lowest, if we turn to the Lord, 
it can be the beginning of a new hope. 
The most desperate situation can hide the shining truth, 
that God is alive, and moving in our lives 
to bring us to the place we most want to be!

 "The wicked man boasts
there is no God." Psalm 10:4

 "You have been told, O man, what is good, 
and what The Lord requires of you: 
Only to do right and to love goodness, 
and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8




Blessings!
Patsy

11 comments:

  1. God is alive and working in my life. How encouraging to just sit here, take in your beautiuful artwork and let it soak in. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful sharing here Patsy ... love to see how it progresses, as you draw it ! happy WOYWW :D Shaz in Oz.x #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork, Patsy you are very talented. Happy WOYWW and have a great week RobynO#22

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word, you are prolific..and I too love to see the progression from sketch to finish...and in such a short time too - the confidence of your talent methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a powerful reading from the bible, and your artwork is awesome
    Bridget #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Patsy. What more is there to say? God knows me, loves me with an everlasting love, and delights in me!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your belief makes you strong Patsy and it shows in your art work. Happy crafting and have a great week, Angela x #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. Micah 6:8 is my life verse, Patsy! So blessed to read it here this morning in your life-giving post. Your words are artwork fill me with JOY, my friend. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patsy,

    I always enjoy seeing how your faith comes through your art. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (65)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your drawing are all wonderful...Love how you draw the picture of that woman. Such a talent from above. We appreciate you blessing us with a wonderful entry at our Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you join us again this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Isaiah 33:2 which says, "O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your faith because it gives me inspiration. God bless you! Make yourself happy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy