Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Just Believe.

"Fear is useless. What is needed is trust." Mark 5:36


In another version of the Bible, Jesus tells Jairus, "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe." Before Jesus healed Jairus' daughter, he told the woman with a flow of blood, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. It is your faith that has cured you." 

Faith. Trust. Belief. We can think of these as just abstract words or we can think they are action words that when applied, can bring about change, healing, transformation, success even. I love reading the Bible, and the lives of saints who put their faith into action. I also like to read and listen to people who have applied Biblical principles in the marketplace and have been successful because of it. Men like David Browne, CEO of LensCrafters, usually grow up believing that faith and business do not mix. But after a life changing encounter with Jesus, David Browne started following Jesus' servant leadership model, and changing the culture of his company. Revenues grew and the number of stores increased from 50 to 1200. 



Lord, I want my faith to grow, to be alive, to be a force that changes me and the people around me. Help me to trust You, to believe in Your words and obey You, not only in church or in a prayer meeting, but every where I am! 

1 comment:

  1. healing words "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe."

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy