Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Living Word

"God's word is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword." Hebrews 4:12


Why do I believe that the word of God is quick, and powerful, alive energizing, and active? When my mom learned that she had cancer, she would have these bouts of depression, and I would read to her from the Bible. After reading for some time, she would tell me she felt much better.   

I had DVT before, deep vein thrombosis, and my doctor said I would need to wear thick awful stockings and drink blood thinners forever! Proverbs 4:22 says that the word of God is medicine, healing to our flesh. I recited and listened to healing verses, and today, I don't need to wear the fashion changing stockings nor drink warfarin anymore. 


I knew God was calling me to my community, Ang Ligaya ng Panginoon, that Ligaya was my Jerusalem, because of God's word that leaped out of the pages of my Bible (too long a story!). God speaks to me through my Bible. He confirms His instructions through His Word. If I am facing a challenge, I can look for His promises, and say to Him, "Lord, You said this...I am holding You to it. After all, You said Your word will not return to You void." 

Lord, thank You for showing me that Your word is alive. Thank You that You quicken my heart and mind every morning, when I read it and ponder it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy