Tuesday, January 24, 2017

New Family!

"Whoever does the will of God is brother and sister and mother to me." Mark 3:35


There's no excuse today for anyone not knowing the Word. Even my phone and iPad can preach the Word to me. Bibles are given away, Christian books are available in every bargain bookstore. My friends on Facebook and Instagram post bible verses and bibles decorated with bible verses! 

In the third chapter of Mark, Jesus was preaching to a crowd, when He was told His mother and family was outside asking for Him. And His response was the classic, "You are my mother and my brothers. Those who do the will of God are brother and sister and mother to me." 

It was the inauguration of a new family to which we can be very much a part of. IF and it's a very gigantic IF, we obey the Father. Do we? We can listen to the Word on our phones day and night, we can post messages on social media every so often, we can be proud of our beautifully illustrated Bibles, and our extensive Christian library. We can wear crosses on our necks, and say, "Praise the Lord!", but  are our hearts right with God? Would He say to us, "Well done, my good and faithful servant?" 

What we can be sure of is God never gives up on us, and we shouldn't give up on ourselves! I know someone who used bible pages to smoke marijuana in and whose biggest dream was to be an infamous drug lord. Today he has a big place where he takes care of street children. I asked him if he could give the talk on "Transformation in Christ" to our employees. To me, Joe Dean Sola is part of Jesus' family. He is brother and sister and mother to so many lost and desperate children in need of guidance. He continues to heed the Father's call to feed the hungry, give water to the thirsty, offer the Bread of life to the weary. 

Lord, I want to be part of Your family. May I be sensitive to Your still, small voice, and obey what You want me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy