Saturday, August 19, 2017

As for Me and My House

"As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15



Joshua chose to serve the Lord after seeing God's faithfulness to Moses and His people. Imagine if Joshua decided to go his own way, make decisions disregarding God's will, and denied God any part in his life, what would have happened? I am sure God would have chosen another servant to lead His people. God's plans will not be thwarted BUT then Joshua and his whole line would not have seen God working powerfully in their lives.

Joshua chose to serve God and the people who followed him decided to serve God also. "Now therefore, put away the strange gods that are among you." What strange gods are we hiding in our house, and more importantly in our hearts? Any thing or attitude that separates us from the One True God is a false god. Anything or anyone that turns our hearts away from our Father is an idol. Love of money, our career, or a relationship, anything that would make us do things displeasing to God, may not be made of wood or stone, but is an idol that has to be destroyed. 



Lord, only You see my heart and its intentions. If there are small and big idols there that move me away from Your love and favor, please help me destroy them. Like Joshua, I choose to serve only You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy