Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Choose

“If you prefer the left, I will go to the right; if you prefer the right, I will go to the left.” Genesis 13:9



I wish I was always as wise, humble and generous as Abraham. In the 13th chapter of Genesis, we see that he and his nephew Lot were very rich with livestock, silver and gold, and they had too much of everything that they could not stay together. There were quarrels between their herdsmen. 

So Abraham asked Lot to choose which portion of the vast land he preferred. “If you prefer the left, I will go to the right; if you prefer the right, I will go to the left.” Lot chose the whole Jordan Plain, for it was well watered. Abraham stayed in the land of Canaan. As it turned out, many disasters befell Lot as he chose the land near the wicked people of Sodom. 

One day about 24 years ago, I needed a helper for I was pregnant and working full time. My sister brought two helpers to the house, and I was supposed to choose one as the other would go to help my mom. I suppose if I was the one to choose, I would have chosen the younger one, but instead I asked them to be the one to choose where they would stay. The older one said to the younger, “I will stay here as you will have an easier time with her mother. They have several helpers. I will be alone here.” 

Indeed, that was the best decision to let them choose. Lucy has been with us for all those 24 years! She is a second mother to Josh, my son, and she is an angel in disguise! She has a heart of gold, and she is an example to me of a servant of God. I thank God for her all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy