Saturday, June 22, 2019

Seek First His Kingdom

“Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well.” Matthew 6:33


The verses in Matthew 6 are so comforting as we are naturally prone to anxiety and worry. Our enemy will always show us all the things we can worry about: the future of our country, getting sick and needing money, our children, our jobs or businesses, our own health or the health of those close to us, our finances, etc. We all have these personal bags on our backs or crosses that burden us. 

When my dad died, I suddenly had this irrational fear about our family business. What if, after 51 years, we could not make it thrive and grow? If I focused on all the things that could go wrong, it would be as if I was allowing a mad dog to drag me into dark places. I knew that I just had to take control of my wayward thoughts and place my trust in God who never failed us all these years. Matthew 6:34 reads, “Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.” 

I just need to take care of my little bag for today, trusting that God has all my cares for the future in His safekeeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy