Friday, June 21, 2019

Where is My Treasure?

“For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.” Matthew 6:21


To know where my heart is, Jesus says I have to look first where I put my treasure. Where do I spend my time, my money, my talents? I should make an inventory and see where most of my money, my time, and my talents are deposited. I should look at my planner and see where most of my time goes. Is it mostly lavished on selfish pursuits? Does only a very minuscule amount go to what God considers of paramount importance? Do I spend so much of my time and money on what would make me beautiful in the eyes of the world? Or do I pursue knowledge? Or is it a relationship I value above all? We know men and women who lust over power or athletic prowess, or in this social media age, there are many who put a lot of effort into making themselves notorious and famous. 

It is not wrong to save, plan for the future and invest, as taught in Proverbs 6:6-11. We should be wise and hard working like the ant who gathers what it can so it may eat. We should just not put our affections on things that will rust, decay, and can be stolen. Money in the stock market can lose value very quickly. A house can burn down. A business may go bankrupt. Our beauty fades and we can lose our health and even our talents. How depressing! 

But we can laugh without fear for the future (Proverbs 31:25), if we walk with the Lord and have many experiences with Him by our side. This is what we have to build, a relationship with the Lord. Then we will be confident, and sure that what we build will not be destroyed and disappear   in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy