Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Desire My Words


“Desire therefore my words; long for them and you shall be instructed.” Wisdom 6:11




I know that if we want to hear God, He will speak to us. He may not show Himself in a burning bush as He did to Moses, but those who long to know God, just need to be still and listen. Sometimes He will use the Bible, words will jump out, like when He wanted me to “go to Jerusalem”. Another time God spoke through a radio broadcaster when I asked Him a question. I got a very clear answer, “Don’t quit. God doesn’t like quitters.” Other times, He will use our family, friends, brothers and sisters in our prayer group, to give us reassurance, encouragement, or correction. God is very creative in the many ways He will speak to us if we long for His instruction. 


I love hearing His still, small voice, but He can only break through if we put away all our busyness and distractions. He usually does not force His way into our lives. We have to invite Him and wait. “Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20)


Indeed we can have a banquet every day with Jesus. Job claimed in Job 23:12, “I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my portion of food.”


Teach me Your ways O Lord. I long to hear Your Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy