Saturday, November 16, 2019

Pray Always


“Pray always without becoming weary.” Luke 18:1




In his letter to the Thessalonians, Saint Paul repeats Jesus’ advice to “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thess 5:16-18). I have to confess that sometimes I get weary praying. Right now I have 7 pages, 8 1/2” x 11” sized paper, 3 columns of a list of intercessions. So many friends and family sick, depressed, financially challenged, needing conversion. Our country and our Church are in serious trouble. We need God’s wisdom and discernment for our plans, businesses, to help people who need help, to serve God’s people, etc. When I get tired, God always visits me and tells me not to lose hope, to just sit still, and be with Him. 


“Be still and know I am God (Psalm 46:10). “Mountains may be shaken and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken” (Isaiah 54:10). In this world, there are many who will try to steal our joy and our hope and faith in God. There is a very real enemy who tries to counter any move of the Spirit. 


In Tennessee, a public school is planning to allow bible study after classes for their children. Right away, a Satanist group in the area announced in their Facebook page that it will start their own children’s ministry to combat proselytizing in classrooms, to introduce the kids to Baphomet, a man-goat devil! 


We have to be more creative in praying! Is it possible to pray without ceasing? Yes, if we know how to pray in tongues. Yes if we pray while working, while we are busy, and especially when we are worrying about something. When I am reading an email, I can pray for the person who wrote the email, the activity outlined in the email, or wisdom for the problem described in the email. If I am signing checks, I can pray for the person the check is for, or our sales, so we can order more things to sell and help all our suppliers. Whenever I watch the news, I can pray for situations and people in our country and around the world. 


Last Wednesday, I was awaiting my turn to have a 2d echo ultrasound for my heart. I did not waste my time worrying about it, I tackled my 7 page list of intercessions. Sooner than later, my number 27 was called! I am still waiting for the results and praying of course that it will help my doctor heal me of my breathlessness. 


God is good and He always teaches us if we be still and look up to Him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy