Monday, December 30, 2019

Do not Love the World


“Do not love the world or the things of the world.” 1 John 2:15




Sometimes we make faith too complicated. We should just go back to the basics of what God wants from us. Basically it is a heart issue. God wants our heart. He wants us to be like little children who desires nothing less than to love Him and to love others as well. After all, is this not what anyone who loves desires? To be loved in return? 


Jesus says that the first, most important commandment is to love God above all, with everything in us. Isn't it amazing that God who has and is everything, should have this as His primary agenda? Pastor Ron Tucker said that the one thing God wants and will not take by His power is the VOLUNTARY love of a human heart.


Father, may I see Your love for me for what it truly is- all-encompassing, all forgiving, all accepting! Your loving kindness and graciousness can never be measured. May I love You with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind, and with all my strength. And may I see my neighbor through your loving eyes, so I may love him too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy