Friday, December 06, 2019

God Will Make a Way


“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The Lord is my life’s refuge; of whom should I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1




Yesterday when my pulmonary doctor talked to me and Luigi, we learned that because of a congenital condition, I developed blockage in both my lungs as a consequence of the pulmonary embolism. Blood cannot carry the oxygen where it needs to go. No wonder I am usually breathless! The same day, my other doctor who is part of my community, Ligaya ng Panginoon, said it was a miracle I was alive, and it was a miracle we have Josh! “Women with antithrombin III deficiency are prone to pregnancy-associated venous thromboembolism,” I read. I had a normal pregnancy except for a scare which turned out to be Josh hiccuping in my womb and bed rest towards the end of my pregnancy because of pre-eclampsia.


I can see that God wanted us to have a child, and a wonderful son at that, in spite of my condition, in spite of my being 38 years old! I marvel now at his goodness and faithfulness in giving us the gift of Josh. I see that even if there are natural causes conspiring against us, if God wants something for us, He will make a way even if there is no way. 


During this Advent season it is good to pause and think of what God has done for us. With all our sin, it is impossible to be with Him in heaven, to even get close to a sinless God. But He made a way where there is no way because He wants us there with Him! Thank You Lord for conquering the impossible for us! We should be insignificant but we aren’t! You love us so much You sent Your Son Jesus to get us into heaven! How infinitely precious we are to You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy