Sunday, December 29, 2019

Do We Know God?


“Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways.” Psalm 128:1




Do we know God? Do we know His ways? Do we know that His words are true?  Or do we merely know about God?  Even if our bibles are full of lines and colors and notes, or paintings (like mine), it doesn't mean we know God.  It may just mean we know about Him. Can we say like Job, that "I heard of You but now my eyes see You."? (Job 42:5)  


There are so many bible studies available online, so many books to read, so much preaching on Youtube and the whole world wide web, but it is only head knowledge if we do not take what we learn and try to put it into practice.  We need revelation not information.  We need to "see whether His words are true".  


I know His words are true because I put Him to the test all the time. (Malachi 3:10) I just do what I can, and let God do what I can't do. In our business, I have to pray a lot about all sorts of small and big things. I'm smart but not that smart. I'm capable but not that capable. I'm forgetful, disorganized, my mouth says the wrong things, but if I do my best, God will take care of the rest. Before I ended up in the hospital, we opened new papemelroti branches in SM Bacoor and Ayala Manila Bay. We were set to open in Festival Mall, but I was already in the hospital. Amazingly, my niece stepped up to the plate and took over my money duties and is streamlining it. Yay! Our very capable staff said opening Festival Mall was their Christmas gift to me! I did not have to move a finger. 


As long as I get up early in the morning to pray and read the Bible (even if I’m sick, lazy, have so much to do), I know I can depend on Him who keeps His promises, and who gives so many good things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy