Monday, June 13, 2011

St. Barnabas


St. Barnabas?
He wasn't on my radar before,
but now I'll never forget him!

In Acts 11, we can read about him:
22 they sent Barnabas to Antioch.
23
When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done,
he was glad and encouraged them all
to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts.
24
He was a good man,
full of the Holy Spirit and faith,
and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

Wouldn't it be great to be all like
St. Barnabas,
to be an encourager,
life-giver,
to strengthen the church,
reminding our brothers and sisters in
our parishes, communities,
churches,
to be true and faithful and steadfast
to the teachings of God?

How wonderful if at the end of my life,
someone would stand and say this about me!

Read more about him
here.

Linking to Spiritual Sunday ,
and Graceful for Hear it on Sunday,
Use it on Monday,
and
Soli Deo Gloria.

4 comments:

  1. It's my heart's passion--to encourage all God brings to me and to all He sends me to.

    Your art is an encouragement to me!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved hearing about Barnabas, the encourager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need encouragement! Thank you. Visiting from Graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I want to be this way, too, especially in encouraging the church!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy