Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday?



I was in a hurry this morning.
 Had to go to my son's school as 
he was receiving honors.
I ended up finishing my journal page
at the office.
Above is a little glimpse of my office desk,
which is just as messy as my craft desk
at home!

The sheet above my journal is a 
paperdoll that my sister Peggy designed
to sell at our stores, papemelroti.
For my journal page,
I drew St. Paul.
He said in a letter to Timothy,
" For I am already poured out like a libation,
and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have competed well;
I have finished the race;
I have kept the faith.
From now on the crown of righteousness
awaits me, which the Lord,
the just judge will award to me,
and not only to me,
but to all who have longed for His appearance."
2 Timothy 4

It is wonderful how sure he was of 
receiving the crown.
But then, he would not have given
his life, "poured out like a libation"
if he was not!
And here is another "scrap" canvas
I have started.
Next step will be to cover it with wall putty.
I really like the idea of using up my scraps, don't you?

Joining the lovely Julia for a 
peek at desks and projects!
Why don't you tag along?

20 comments:

  1. Hi there Patsy, thanks for sharing those things to us all today!
    It is beautiful to think that we too have that joyous hope if we are faithful to run the race for the LORD Jesus glory and not our own,
    love and God bless,
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thought provoking post!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hope keeps us running.

    Love your ideas for using up your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did not expect to see a second work desk this morning - love what you are doing on it though. Good luck with the canvas (not that you need it with your talent). Neet x #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:29 PM

    Love the 'scrap' canvas!
    Happy WOYWW
    Tertia
    http://tertia-craftinggran.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start to your canvas hope you show when complete.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patsy, another interesting post this week. Look forward to seeing the finished canvas. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #83

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of scraps. Your journal pages are awesome. Vickie #39

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your kind comments today, it really meant a lot as I was very nervous! I really like scraps too - I try and get as much out of 1 metre of fabric as I possibly can. I'm not patient enough for patchwork, but small scraps make useful mobile phone covers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely book and scrap project! TFS :D #13

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great use for all those scraps we invariably can't bear to throw away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the journal page and writings on it. The scrap canvas is looking fab what a great idea. Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful journal you've made. The combination of text and drawing I like. I'm also curious about your scrap canvas. Hope we can see when you finished it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Bye, Franka

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your journal and scrap canvas.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous journal pages Patsy,
    I love a busy desk.
    Keep smiling and creating
    sorry about the delete typing error

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your journal, what a great way to use up the mountains of scraps we all end up with, I can't bear to throw bits of pretty things away ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I would highly recommend a dog for your sister, I too beleive they are a tonic for all,
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. your journal is certainly coming on a lot.
    thanks for popping by earlier in the week
    caroline

    ReplyDelete
  19. tita patsy, i love your post specially using up the scraps! my mom keeps on telling me i keep so much stuff i can't bear to throw them out! anyway, i've been following your blog for sometime now. am actually keeping one myself(am shy about it coz it's kinda new lang). anyway, hope you can drop by to check it out and give me some advise would love to hear them from you. i posted a link to your site as well =) love, kytes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I forgot it's http://theweekendartist.blogspot.com

    kytes

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy