Thursday, July 20, 2017

What Shall I Say?

"What shall I say to them?" 
Exodus 3:13



The life of Moses before God spoke to him from a burning bush is one short chapter in the Book of Exodus. Then God gives him a mission and that recounting is from chapter 3 to 40 in Exodus, then the whole of Leviticus and Numbers. Moses died when he was 120 years old and this is  described in the last chapter of Numbers. 

What does this tell me? That each of us has a mission, a purpose, and the years that are important to God is when we answer His call and do His work. It matters not to Him, the mistakes we make, how insecure we are, our shortcomings. What is important is He can use us, flaws and all.   

"I have seen the affliction of my people. I am aware of their sufferings," God told Moses. "I will send you to Pharaoh so you may bring my people out of Egypt." And so begins one of the most magnificent stories in the Bible. "What shall I say to them?" asks Moses. "Who am I?" Perhaps if God spoke to us we would ask the same. "What will I say? What will I do? They will not believe me!" etc. etc. etc.

In Jeremiah 1:7, the Lord said to Jeremiah, "Do not say, I am too young,' because you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. Do not be afraid for I will be with you." 



Lord, our confidence and security must be established in You. May we know our mission and set our sights on accomplishing it, knowing You are walking with us. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy