Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A Covenant with God

“I have made a covenant with my chosen one.” Psalm 89:3




I find it amazing that God chose to bind Himself with an imperfect people, a people He knew would sin again and again and again. A people who would reject Him again and again and again. He knew that for sure. It happened with Adam and Eve, it happened with Noah, it happened with Abraham, and Moses and David. It continually happens with me 😭. And yet God persists. He binds Himself to me in an unequal yoke. 


Usually contracts are made when parties can exchange something of value. What can I give the Creator of the Universe? What does He want from me? His gifts far exceed what I deserve! What shall I return to the LORD for all his goodness to me? (Psalm 116:12) This Lent, I can look for ways to give Him my heart, my love, and to be more faithful to His call. He deserves nothing less. 




I used to enjoy playing Monopoly, having so much money to buy up the best locations for my hotels and railroads. But after the game, that paper money is worthless. The same is true with the money we work so hard to acquire here on earth. The same is true for whatever we accomplish here on earth. Popularity, the number of cars we have, the nice dresses, all worthless. God calls us to love and serve His people, to give food to the hungry, to visit the inmates in the crowded jails, to pray for each other. These are the commodities that will give us treasures in heaven. God has made a covenant and He will fulfill His part of the bargain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy