Wednesday, March 27, 2019

WOYWW: Teach Obedience

I have been trying to make flat lays so I lay my Bible and other stuff in the middle of a messy desk. The painting on the top left is one I made when my 24 year old son, Josh, was a toddler. It's one of my favorites!


“Teach them to your children and your children’s children.” Deuteronomy 4:9

Obedience is hard. I remember when I was young, I complained to my mom, “Why are you always asking me to do things? Let the others do it.” She answered, “Because you obey.” So, as the eldest, I got more tasks than my other siblings. I was very much like the son in Matthew 21:28-32, who would say no, but who would end up doing whatever my mom wanted me to do. 

In Deuteronomy 4, we read that if we as a people observe God’s statutes, the nations around us will notice and say, “This great nation is truly a wise and intelligent people!” Statutes comes from the root word meaning ‘to engrave’, and refers to permanent not arbitrary or changing rules of conduct. It is recorded for the guidance of each person and for the whole of society. 

In Deuteronomy 4:9, Moses reminded his people, “Take care and be earnestly on your guard not to forget the things which your eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your memory as long as you live; but teach them to your children and to your children’s children.” 

I believe we are in trouble today as a nation because we have forgotten to obey God and follow His statutes to love Him with our whole heart, soul and mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. (Matthew 22:37-39)


Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!

Patsy  

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely page! Your artwork is amazing! Happy WOYWW! Glenda #19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely canvas. Have a very good week. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet picture Patsy, his little face is gorgeous! Now, what are flat lays and hey, I love that your desk is covered in all sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always blown away by your beautiful artwork. Yes, what is a flat lay? TFS Happy WOYWW, Cindy #21

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that painting, the look of love on the faces is captured beautifully! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to recollect you with your son as a child Patsy. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your painting and the Bible journaling in Deuteronomy. Obedience is very hard isnt it - it is something I am currently trying to teach my pre-teen! Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#26)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful piece of your Son as a child, innocence captured. Bible journaling is a fabulous way of illustrating those important teachings.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page, sorry I'm late, have a great week! Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy