Monday, March 18, 2019

The Secret

“Give and gifts will be given to you, a good measure packed together, shaken down, and overflowing will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.” Luke 6:37-38




Everyone loves a good secret and this is the juiciest secret of all time. The measure of our generosity to God and to others will be the same measure God will use for us. Although it is not good to give expecting something in return, I believe it is good to test God in this. 


It says in Malachi 3:10, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”


I personally know a man, who because of some difficulty with finances, wanted to go abroad to see if he would fare better there. His wife, who did not want to live in another country, suggested he tithe. "Try it! Test the Lord!" she said. He did, and now he has a very successful practice. He receives over and above what he needs. For myself, I have found that whatever I give to the Lord or to others, comes back to me a hundredfold. Whether it be my time, my talents, my money or my resources. God has been extraordinarily generous with me.


God's economy, the way He does things is so diametrically different from the way the world operates. That's why the world is in such a mess. We grab for things we want. We hoard, we keep, we hide, we protect. Oh, if only I could remember this secret every minute, every second of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy