Thursday, October 10, 2019

Be “Makulit”


“He will get up to give him whatever he needs because of his persistence.” Luke 11:8




Jesus Himself advises us to be “makulit” (Tagalog for annoyingly persistent, to nag) with God when we want something from Him. He gives the example of a man who needs bread for a friend who arrived at his house from a journey. He knocks at the door of a neighbor to ask, “Please lend me three loaves for I have nothing to offer him!” Even if his neighbor shouted, “Do not bother me, all of us are already in bed!”, the man persists. The neighbor cannot get to sleep, so he gets up and gives him bread. 


“Ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you,” Jesus promised. Jesus has given us permission to be “makulit”, and even promised results. Indeed, is God really like that? I think God prefers us to approach Him at whatever cost. He prefers us to be annoyingly persistent rather than ignoring Him. It is true. I would rather my son be “makulit” rather than if he were silent and did not talk to me. God is really our Abba father in that sense. “Ask!” Jesus tells us, “God has so many good things in His storehouse to give us!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy