Thursday, October 24, 2019

Saint Making Machine


“I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self...” Romans 7:22




Saint Paul goes on to write, “But I perceive another law within my body, fighting against the law of my mind, and captivating me with the law of sin which is in my body.” He says he’s a miserable man, pitiful, perhaps even frustrated! So we would be too if we realized how far we are from the ideal. 


But that is why we are here on earth, I believe. This is a giant saint making machine! This world with all its trials, suffering people, sin and despair, gives us opportunities to learn compassion, generosity, hope, and love for others who can give nothing in return. Do we take advantage of the innumerable chances we have to make a better man or woman of ourselves? 


Choe Langr wrote in her Old Fashioned Girl blog that, “Evil has never been so accessible.  Neither has sanctity.” We just have to see this world through God’s eyes. Why does He allow evil? Why does He allow poverty? Why does He allow injustice? He gave us the wonderful gift of free will to misuse if we choose to be the selfish, destructive ones. But we can also choose to be the ones who give, who stand up for the truth, who ask forgiveness, who show compassion, who are tireless in helping even if it seems hopeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy