Saturday, October 05, 2019

Rejoice!

“Rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” Luke 10:20




We have a tendency to be proud when we do a good job, or do something for the Lord. The disciples of Jesus were the same. After they were successful in the task Jesus gave them, they came back rejoicing and boasted, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name!” Jesus cautioned them, “Do not rejoice because the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” 


Yesterday I gave a sharing about our business and how God is the One responsible for our success. The listeners were women who were involved in sexual trafficking and I emphasized that we are all unique with God given talents and gifts. I gave the example of my mom who started our business 52 years ago with no capital, but well equipped with common sense, the willingness to work hard, and prayers. The organizers were very grateful and I would have been quite “puffed up with pride”, if I did not receive a reminder from the Lord many many years ago. 


I had just given a talk to students about our business, and I was just like the disciples boasting to God about my good works. Suddenly, He showed me the Bible verse in Luke 17:9, And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not.”


Today, I am just so grateful to be given opportunities to do what the Master wants me to do! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy