Friday, October 04, 2019

Disobedient


“We have been disobedient to the Lord and only too ready to disregard His voice.” Baruch 1:19




We know God our Father wants us to take care of those with no voice, the poor, the sick, those in prison, the widows and orphans. These are the people close to His heart. So it is very dismaying, horrifying even, when our government slashes the budget for the services that will take care of those who need it most. 


I also know that when I point one finger at them, there are three pointing back at me. I also have a duty to look around me and see the many opportunities to serve God’s favorites. A good friend of mine, a brother in my community, noticed that a nun before him in a line had very little money in her purse. He decided to buy her a good lunch. My brother-in-law noticed a foreign family buying peanuts in the sidewalk. There seemed to be a discussion and he intervened. He found out they were a missionary family from Sri Lanka and the father wanted to take his family for a nice dinner but he did not have enough money. My brother-in-law treated them to a meal in Max and now they are good friends. 


We should listen to God’s voice and be ready to do what we can, where we are with what we have. Sometimes it is not money that we need, but a listening ear, and an understanding heart. Lord, teach us to have an obedient heart and a listening ear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy