Wednesday, August 01, 2012

WOYWW: You are God's Treasure!

Here is my desk early in the morning.
It is of course, as I left it last night.


I am making some beads out of baking soda,
corn starch and water
for a tutorial I will post
in our papemelroti blog.
(Update: tutorial is posted 
if you'd like to check it out!)

After clearing up my desk,
I read the gospel for the day
which is about the kingdom of heaven being 
like a merchant in search of fine pearls.
When he finds a pearl of great price,
he goes and sells all that he has
and buys it.

A close up because someone asked 
for close ups of my background.
It's really child's play.
No thinking.
Good therapy!
Did not Jesus say we should be like little children?

Well I found the pearls of great price! 

I like what I read today from the Word Among Us:
"YOU are the pearl of great price.
YOU are God's highest treasure.
He has searched far and wide for you,
and He was overjoyed when He finally found YOU!
Relentless in His pursuit of YOU,
God woos YOU tirelessly!"


"Treat every person as a child of God
with an eternal destiny."


This we have to remember,
to see each person the way
God sees him or her!
The impatient person standing 
in line next to you,
 the person who is irritating 
you by blowing his horn,
the call center agent who 
pushes his product on you,
they are all God's pearls 
of great price,
just like YOU are! 


Every week I choose one from my 
wonderful visitors who take the time
and trouble to leave a comment,
to receive an ATC or a postcard from me.

This week it is JoDee Luna from 


Joining the lovely Julia for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I love blog parties!
Won't you join us?

Linking up with




Blessings!
Patsy

27 comments:

  1. More amazing craftiness. How do you find the time. I seem to be up all hours and never get anything done! Another lovely colourful page. Have a great week! Happy WOYWW!?
    ((Lyn)) #18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artwork as always, Patsy, and I love your beads, and the beautiful interpretation of the Scripture. You and your sister Peggy bless me week by week by these beautiful pages.

    I love, love, love that background!!!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations..Those beads look interesting.. Have a blessed week, Hugs May x x x#12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy, those beads and baubles are so intriguing. I have to come back and see your tutorial. Dani #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patsy,

    I can't wait to see what you do with those beads. Oh - I can come back for the tutorial. I always enjoy visiting.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #31

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful texture and colour.
    Sandra @36

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Papemelroti was heaven for me when I was in college and it still is! I had to travel by boat to Iloilo just to get my papemelroti fix since there's none here in Bacolod. I get "lost" whenever I'm in that store!
    no wonder you make wonder and beautiful things!
    _Riya #45

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of that crafty mix before so will have to comeback and look at your tutorial. Do they keep a long time?
    Thanks for sharing your journal and I love that background you have done - gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, neet xx #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beads and great art journal work too! jenx 71

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beautiful blue background you have created and the verse about the pearls is very meaningful too!
    Now those beads sound interesting... I'm definitely going to pop back for your tutorial!
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!!
    Hugs, LLJ #1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beads look great - a bit like salt dough I imagine,
    Bernice #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beads, back grounds and bible quotes.

    Love your page today x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your beads look amazing - love the colours. Happy Yorkshire Day! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours and textures going on there!! Can't wait for that tutorial, looks really interesting!! Trish #10

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh that journal page is gorgeous! Love the beads too! How creative you are this week! Happy Wednesday! #55

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Patsy....Such vibrant colors and beautiful sentiment. I woke up feeling "not so great" and this really lifted my spirits. Thanks so much for sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wedesday and for your encouraging words.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. those beads look interesting,will check our your tutorial
    have a super woyww
    kay #82

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOur pages are wonderful! I love the journaling on the pages! Thanks for sharing over at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. At first I thought you had a tray of seashells on your table. I remember making those kind of beads as a child with my mother keeping watch. I'll bet somewhere she has a stash of our lumpy bumpy beads. I love how you just put this and that on your backgrounds and let them happen and then find out what is in them. I could do the first part if I was so inclined, but I just don't see things in them like you do. And yes, we should all be as little children, but a couple few of us could do with a smidge more maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite today is the pearls- love how you have them flowing out of the hand!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness...cornstarch and salt? I'm off to go see the tutorial now!!


    I'm having a giveaway, open worldwide this week. Come check it out if you get the chance!

    Amy E. #30
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful, Patsy! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praise God for your beautiful words AND beautiful work Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beads from baking soda? These are awesome! I love how you incorporate God's words with your post, too. Keep us posted with more inspiring works of art.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy