Monday, March 06, 2017

Lord, When?

"Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or away from home or naked or ill or in prison and not attend You in Your needs?" Matthew 25:44


How sad if we attend all our meetings in our church or prayer community, serve until we are so tired, attend Bible study, go to mass every day, pray until we find it difficult to get up, and then when we finally meet Jesus face to face, He tells us, "Depart from me! Out of my sight, you condemned, you evil doers!"

"I was hungry and you gave me no food! I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink! I was naked and you did not clothe me. I was ill and in prison and you did not comfort and visit me. I was lonely and you did not help me. I was hurting and you did not forgive me. I needed money and you shooed me away." 

 
Jesus clearly says in Matthew 25 that whatever we do to one of the least of His brothers we do for Him. As often as we neglect to do anything to one of the least of these, we neglect to do for Him! Do we rejoice when we see a beggar? Are we happy when we have a chance to help someone in need? I had an opportunity to help a brother who needed money for an operation. I asked brothers and sisters if they could contribute any amount for this and my heart overflowed because so many came through. Indeed, any one in need is Jesus in disguise. Jesus clearly showed the way to His heart, and we can never say when we see Him face to face, "I did not know that was how to gain entry to heaven!!!! You did not tell me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy