Thursday, March 16, 2017

Tortuous Hearts!

"More tortuous than all else is the human heart...
who can understand it?" 
Jeremiah 17:9



In other versions of the Bible, the heart is described as deceitful, sick, corrupt, incurable, weak, perverse, and desperately wicked! I would like to vehemently disagree, but sadly, there are so many horrible and inexplicable things that have happened and continue to happen in the world! 

In this same chapter of Jeremiah, we read that only God can understand our hearts and minds. He can probe it like a surgeon can use his tools to examine and explore our bodies. If only God can do this, perhaps we can only fathom the tortuous heart of man through the lens of compassion, which is how God sees us. I try to remember the adage, "There, but for the grace of God, go I", before judging others. I am not always successful. Hopefully I shall get better at it! 

 
This was allegedly stated by John Bradford when he saw a group of prisoners being led to their execution. Indeed, if I was not born to parents who had the fear of God and taught my brother and sisters right from wrong, where would I be now? What kind of a person would I be? 

Lord, My heart might rebel against You, but You have ransomed me and taken me for Your own! Help me to choose You always! May I obey You so You can tame my tortuous heart! 




I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy