Wednesday, March 08, 2017

WOYWW: A Miraculous Sign


My desk is outside this morning,
out in the garden. 
I like working here, 
while the three cats play in the grass
catching flying insects. 


"These are evil times, and this evil generation keeps asking me to show them a miraculous sign." Luke 11:29

Jonah, the prophet, is quite a character. I guess we would be like him if we actually heard God tell us to announce God's judgment against a wicked people. We would go the opposite direction because of fear and self preservation. So Jonah ran for his life and found a ship that would take him as far as far could be. Who can blame him? God said the Ninevites were evil and wicked. How could Jonah ask them to repent and change their ways? But when Jonah finally obeyed, the amazing people of  Nineveh believed God's message and went on a fast! Even the King wore sackcloth and sat on a heap of ashes! 


With Jesus it was different. He was amidst a wicked people who kept asking for more and more miracles to believe! But Jesus said, "No, the only sign is the sign of Jonah!" What kind of a people are we? Are we like the Ninevites who repented of their sin right away, or are we like the Jews of Jesus' day? Are we too waiting for a miracle before we turn to God and repent of our sins? 

Lord, may I always turn to You, even if I do not hear Your audible voice. I know I can read Your Words, and look to You for guidance, help and healing. You are present and Your Words are sign enough for us! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. As always lovely art work and a lovely message, I am fortunate to live in a place of love and peace, no need to tell people they are evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely piece you have made, and a lesson to us all. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to stopping by again next week. Have a great week - EmbroidRage #5 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the world is full of bad and evil. Lucky I live in a place where there is little evil or bad. Brilliantly artwork. #2

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy