Thursday, June 22, 2017

WOYWW: Secret Prayer

I finally bought one of these.
I was going to wait till IKEA came to the Philippines, but it's taking forever! 
I wanted the cute turquoise Råskog trolley but settled for this grey one instead. It was on sale and only P2000 ($40). If I bought the IKEA one online, it would have cost me P5900 ($118). 

(Below) This is what's on the top- paints and brushes and a big pack of tissues to clean up! 



"Abba, Father," Matthew 6:9


When we come to God in prayer, do we talk to Him like a child trusting in a Father's goodness and His desire to give us His best? Do we believe He is truly listening and our every petition, big and small, reaches His ears and commands His utmost attention? Do we know that we have access to Him even when we are unworthy, dirty, and at odds with seemingly the whole world? 

I read somewhere that the "Our Father" was only taught to the first Christians after years of learning, and after their baptism. It was a sort of secret prayer. But we learned this as a child, and it has become so familiar that we recite it without much thought. Back in Jesus' day, and even today, Jews couldn't even say God's name, the four letter YHVH. They even write G_d, instead of spelling His name out. 

For the Jews, a name is not just what somebody or some thing is called, but a name conveys the nature and the essence of the person or thing. It includes even the reputation and the history. So when G_d's name is on a piece of paper, the Jews have to treat  that paper with respect. 

Perhaps that's one reason why the Pharisees wanted to destroy Jesus. They thought He was a radical out to destroy their cherished beliefs and traditions. They missed out on what He wanted to give them and us- access to an intimate relationship with our Abba Father! 

Abba Father, may I get to know You more and more each day! Thank You Jesus for teaching me a secret prayer. Many know it now, but if I keep praying and listening to You, I am sure I will get to know more and more of Your secrets! 



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

4 comments:

  1. Great new cart and you can always spray paint them to any colour you like to :) But I like the grey colour one best the turquoise one is everywhere lol
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your trolley... they are so useful... your art work is amazing as always... Have a happy blessed week ahead... May #21

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your trolley - the grey is a lovely colour. I love that it's so well stocked already :)

    Carmen x #32

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trolley bargain. Really useful to be able to move around where you need it. You could always spray paint it another colour! Happy belated WOYWW Sarah #28

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy