Wednesday, June 28, 2017

WOYWW: You Will Know Them

What's on my desk?
I am searching for a picture in my "hands" envelope.
Because i need to draw something to do with fruit!

Well, I decided to go with a picture of a woman praying.
Here I am tracing the picture on to my Bible.

Now to use paint, and below, a dark brown pencil to outline.



"You will know them by their deeds." Matthew 7:8


In most versions of the Bible, this verse is translated as, "You will know them by their fruits." I like reading about saints and one of the most interesting is Saint Joseph of Cupertino. His mother thought him a nuisance and always tried to get rid of him, sending him off to monks to be a servant. He was a slow learner and sometimes had a bad temper. Eventually he learned humility and began to enjoy praying while working hard in the Franciscan monastery. 

No one who knew him would have thought he had the ability to become a priest. But God wanted him, and in his exam, he was asked the only question he knew well! He fell so deeply in love with God that he would often rise off the ground in rapture when he was in prayer or when he was saying mass. People would come in droves that the Franciscans decided to keep him in seclusion. 


In contrast, we have the Chinese missionaries from the Back to Jerusalem mission. They are like worms, ants, or termites who move secretly and quietly to do God's work underground. We do not hear of their work, but they are tunneling their way through the Middle East and Southeast Asia, the strongholds of Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism. The same way they have established underground fellowships and churches in China, they are doing the same in other countries. One day we will see visible signs of their deeds. 

Lord, may I also do my part to build Your Kingdom here on earth. Show me the way I can take Your banner proudly where You lead. May I bear good fruit, may I sow good seed. 




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

12 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy. What a blessing indeed to fruit where we are planted. Have you ever come across this? A great, upbeat Christian folk group and this song is just wonderful... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbdJXKqVgtg Enjoy.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining your techniques Patsy I've often wondered
    Lynn x 19/20

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ye shall know them by their fruits" was Jesus' way of using his metaphor. He used metaphors and similes and parables - the poetic gift of the Word is a true blessing.
    Happy WOYWW
    Rose #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great desk. TFS Happy WOYWW xx Jan (31)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your pages. So inspiring.

    Have a great day!
    Diane F #30

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful page - your talent is beautiful and so well used :)
    Have a wonderful WOYWW Wednes-yay!
    Bubbles #1
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-421.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patsy. I always love stopping by your blog and seeing your lovely journaling. Have a lovely woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your art work in your Bible is very impressive. It looks so lifelike.
    April #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art work is outstanding, your pages are so beautiful and inspiring...Have a blessed week ahead May#11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work! Have a great rest of the week! xoxo Cheetarah #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fruits may mean "fruits of their endeavors" which would translate well into "deeds" Lovely portrait, you are getting very good at this! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blogpost!

    I do not participate this week, I still have to visit blogs from last weeks WOYWW and this week I´m just looking around.

    Blessings to you!
    Sussie

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy