Friday, September 15, 2017

My Times are in Your Hand

"My times are in Your hand." 
Psalm 31:15 (NASB)



"In Your hands is my destiny." (NAB) I love this verse, but do I really believe it? Do I really believe I am not at the mercy of the capriciousness of nature? That I am not trapped in the hold of some blind force? That our whole country is not tossed about in a tempest of chance and whimsy? 

The psalmist is going through some dark times when he writes this masterpiece of a song. He asks to be rescued quickly. He needs God to ransom him, to be his strength, his rock and his fortress. He has enemies who have laid a trap out for him and he is in distress. He is like a broken vessel. Many of us are going through hard times. The challenge may be financial, or emotional. We may be wrestling our own personal demons or we may be torn in our decision making. Why, God, why do You allow these things to happen when it is so easy for You to change circumstances and the hearts of men? Even the king's heart is in the hand of God (Prov. 21:1), and yet He allows all these heartbreaking events happening around us! Jesus tells us that not one sparrow falls to the ground without the Father allowing it. Every hair on our head is counted, and when one strand falls He knows. So then, why?

Because God has His purposes for us. His heart has His own reasons, and they are always for the best. He is seeking to perfect each one of us He has called for His own. God is completely in charge of His world and He allows evil. His hand is hidden according to J.I. Packer, but God will always bring good out of evil, and evil will be punished. 



Yes Lord, my life is in Your hands, not a matter of chance, nor is my destiny written in the stars. If I walk with You, You will form me to be a part of Your people, You will train me in Your ways. There is nothing I want more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy