Sunday, September 03, 2017

Profit and Loss

"What profit would a man show if he were to gain the whole world and ruin himself in the process?" 

Matthew 16:26




When I read the word profit, I thought about our business. For years, we couldn't get a Fire Certificate for our building. The Fire Inspectors had a different agenda. One actually mentioned in passing that a school got a fire certificate for P50,000.00. I told him we don't give lagay (grease money), because then we wouldn't be obeying God. He left without giving us a Fire Certificate. 

Many times we have to decide whom to follow. People say it's hard to be a Christian and be in business. They say you have to compromise, or you won't be successful. I have to confess we are not very ambitious. We are not driven to be successful at all costs. Indeed what would be the value of success if your soul was in danger? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy