Wednesday, September 06, 2017

WOYWW: Hope


A pile of sewing to do! 
And below, something I've finished.
I had a ratty Indian pillow which I took apart, 
and made into a neck purse. 
I've been wearing it with my black dresses. 



"You heard of this hope, the message of truth, the gospel, which has come to you, has borne fruit, and has continued to grow in your midst as it has everywhere in the world." 
Colossians 1:5-6


Christians have been persecuted, tortured, been made fun of, ignored, beheaded, brought before lions, burned, skinned alive, shunned, imprisoned, you name it. It's a miracle that Christianity continues to grow, even in countries where persecution is rampant. But that is exactly what Jesus said. "The Kingdom of God is like a mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches." Matthew 13:31

Today, it is surprising that thousands of Chinese Christians are willing to die to spread the gospel in places we have never heard of. African Muslims by the thousands are converting. In her book, "Saving My Assassin", Virginia Prodan tells the dramatic story of how she shared the Gospel with the man sent to kill her. She was a lawyer in Communist Romania. She defended fellow Christians for worshipping at home, sharing their faith or bringing Bibles across the border. Under Nicolae Ceausescu's brutal regime, Christians were routinely arrested, tortured and imprisoned. Churches were destroyed, the land used for Ceausescu's palace. 

(Image by Shane Kislak)

Virginia was targeted because of the work she did. One day a huge man came to her office, took out a gun, and said, "I am here to kill you. You have not heeded the warnings you've been given." Shaking and terrified, she prayed. The Holy Spirit prodded her to share Jesus with the man. Today that man is a brother in Christ. He enrolled in a seminary and kept in touch with Virginia. 


We all have seeds in our hand to build God's Kingdom. Wherever we are. Lord, may I plant seeds wherever I am. This world needs to hear Your message of hope. 




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

8 comments:

  1. your re-purposed purse looks great! happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neck purse, what a fab idea, I bet it looks great against black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A neck purse is such a clever idea; hands free and decorative too. Happy WOYWW Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I am going to look for Virginia's book. I recently read "Hearts of Fire: Eight Women in the Underground Church and their Stories of Costly Faith". Wow!
    Anyway, thanks for sharing. #30

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many religions that have been persecuted over the years. To many people "different" is bad, even heretical. I remember one story of a woman in France who was killed and tortured by the Spanish Inquisition simply because she didn't like pork, so she wouldn't eat it. It's odd, that when the basic message underlying almost all religions is love, that we can treat people so horribly. Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #31

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your purses... the neck purse is simple gorgeous... Love your artwork as always... May #10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little purse patsy happy woyww hugs Nikki 7

    ReplyDelete
  8. It saddens me that there are so many confused people where religions are concerned. I am not aware of any religion that says it's okay to kill others. I understand that they may want to try and convert people but to kill them because they will not change, I can't relate to that. Have a good week, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy