Wednesday, May 03, 2017

WOYWW: Knowing Jesus!


I love my bits and pieces of scrap cloth,
buttons, crochet thread and laces! 
I took them out to bring to the hospital
while I watched my dad whose heart was being monitored. 


This is what I brought home.
I will turn them into purses. Next I shall come up with journal covers. I love them! Wish I had more time to make more! 
But not if that meant more time for my dad in the hospital! Thank God we brought him home the next day!


"Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me?" John 14:9

I can imagine Jesus asking me the same question! Oh how frustrated He is! He has lavished me with love, blessed me and shown me His face! Here he speaks to Philip. This is the same disciple who in the 1st chapter of John asked, "Can anything good come out if Nazareth?" After being with Jesus for some time, he still did not know Jesus. 

"Whoever has seen me has seen the Father," Jesus explained patiently. "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?" Jesus said so much more, but with our own minds, perhaps we will never comprehend. We need the light of Christ to illumine His words, the Holy Spirit to breathe understanding into us (Job 32:9). But we must never lose hope. This Philip is now Saint Philip, whose feast day we celebrate today, along with Saint James the Apostle. He went on to preach in Greece, and Syria. Tradition has it that he was crucified upside down and continued to preach while thus tortured! I think we can say Saint Philip knew Jesus well enough to die for Him! 

Lord, yes You have been with me for so long. You are always faithful and have promised to never abandon me. You are my true friend because I know You want what is excellent for me, the very best. May I continue to get to know You more and more so I may serve and love You more and more. 



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your Dad is back home; it was a productive way to keep yourself busy at the hospital. Sarah #19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafting definitely helps during a stressful time like that, keeping your hands busy helps calm the mind i think. I'm pleased that your dad is home,
    Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Patsy. So pleased your dad is home. How true to remember that Father God knows us - He has plans for us - Plans for good, to give us a hope and a future. Praise His holy name!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you Dad is home. It's good to have something to keep you busy during anxious times.
    Hugs Lisax #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pieces of cloth! glad your Dad is home. take care. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chosen verse reminded me of one of my very favorite parts of the Bible, John 12 44-45
    :) Blessings!
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very glad that your dear Dad was monitored and allowed home, that bodes well. Meanwhile, how like you to make the most of the quiet time. Journal covers will be divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good. Hope Dad is on the mend. Elaine no 7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Dad is feeling better, those bits and scraps turned out nice! Thanks for sharing, Lindart#32

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy