Friday, May 12, 2017

Trust in God Still

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God still and trust in Me." John 14:1


Where does trust come from? Most of the time, it comes from knowledge. To trust someone, you have to know him. Does he keep his word? Is he dependable? Does he have integrity? Does he know what he is talking about? We need to have some past experience to bank on. Or perhaps someone to vouch for him. 

God wants us to trust in Him, to have faith in Him, to believe that if we place our lives in His hands, ALL things will better than if we don't. Most of us, instead of training our hearts to trust in God, go the other direction, and practice being anxious, even if most of what we worried about didn't happen. When I was pregnant, I would be anxious about all sorts of things. Something that kept me up at night just turned out to be hiccups! I didn't know babies had hiccups! But when I intentionally turned to God, and stilled my overwrought heart and mind, He comforted me. "When you hold your baby in your arms, you will see how much I love you." And true enough, everything turned out well. 

But what about those times when it doesn't? What if we lose our job? Our spouse gets a heart attack and the medical bills pile up? Our child gets into an accident? All the more, we have to turn to God, be still and trust in Him. 


Lord, may I always remember all you've done for me. You've answered my prayers, provided for me, surrounded me with good. During the hard times, may I not forget that You are a saving God, and You will save Your people. You will answer with Your saving strength (Psalm 20:6). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy