Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Signs of Life

"I give them eternal life and they shall never perish." John 10:28


The Jews were always asking signs from Jesus. "The works that I do in My Father's name, these bear witness of me," He told them. Catholics are also fond of asking for signs. My dad is a Methodist and as far as I know, they don't do that. My dad is 90 years old, and my mom passed away 3 years ago. He misses her a lot. He's also not in the best of health these days, having fallen a month and a half ago. 

Last Saturday, he was looking at her beautiful pictures, and he asked in his thoughts, "Where are you? Can you hear me? Can you see me? Give me a sign now." Instantly a bird flew in, like a bullet, straight towards him, then flew back from where it came from. The bird did this twice then left through the open window. My dad, in telling us this story, emphasized he did it as an "experiment". Experiment or not, it gave him comfort, as it could not have been a coincidence. 


Jesus' words and what He did while He was on earth are signs of God's love and what He wants for us. But they did not stop when Jesus died. He continues to work in our life in many wonderful and inexplicable ways. 

Thank You Lord for the gift of eternal life that begins right now, when we believe in You and follow You. Thank You for the many signs of Your love and faithfulness that You give us each day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy