Tuesday, May 16, 2017

So Few Friends

"We must undergo many trials if we are to enter into the reign of God." 
Acts 14:22



One time when Saint Teresa of Avila was traveling on a horse, her saddle slipped and she turned right around beneath the donkey's belly with her head down, and fell into the mud. She looked up to heaven in her dirty habit and complained. She heard the Lord reply, “Teresa, whom the Lord loves, he chastises. This is how I treat all my friends.” In her usual wit, she threw back the now famous “No wonder you have so few!”

Indeed, we wonder how God keeps His friends in China. There are many underground churches there. Many martyrs have been imprisoned just because they are Christians. Brother Yun, who has been imprisoned 4 times for the gospel, said that the Lord showed him that much of the ministry of Chinese missionaries will take place in prison. Many missionaries are being trained and studying foreign languages so they will be sent out to neighboring countries, where they will probably sent to prison as well. 

 
Lord, compared to the saints and missionaries, I can't say I undergo many trials for You. But like them, may I do my part where I am, with what I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy