Sunday, May 28, 2017

Our Glorious Inheritance

"...glorious inheritance..." 
Ephesians 1:18



Have we pondered this enough that our hearts soar and our eyes tear up? We need our eyes to be flooded with light so that we can see clearly the wonderful future, the great hope we have in a God who not only desires the best for us, but is constantly working toward that. We can be confident that He who began the good work in us, will continue this work until it is completed (Philippians 1:6).

So many graduates face the future with excitement and hope. Maybe some are filled with uncertainty and anxieties. What's the future going to bring? Will I find a job? Will I find a good job?

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, said in his commencement speech for the graduates of Harvard 2017: "Today I want to talk about purpose. But I’m not here to give you the standard commencement about finding your purpose. We’re millennials. We’ll try to do that instinctively. Instead, I’m here to tell you finding your purpose isn’t enough. The challenge for our generation is creating a world where everyone has a sense of purpose."

Yes, that is one of our challenges, but I think the bigger challenge is helping each one to know the truth. Most people live their life in search of sand castles that will be easily washed away, treasures that will rust, get stolen or depreciate. So sad when you think a majority of the people on earth have no inkling about the glorious inheritance awaiting us, the promises and the blessings we can claim even now! 

Lord, I want all that You want for me! Let me not be satisfied with the many sugary pleasures this world affords. May I see and help others to see as well, the great hope we have, and the wonderful heritage we have in You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy