Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mustard Seed of Faith

I have not been able to paint much as I have been busy pricing for our coming garage sale. A friend of mine has been in a coma for several weeks and we are looking for ways to raise funds for the medical expenses. These are what I have priced so far. 

These are a pile of stuff I have yet to price! There are still some more in my garage! Thank God for generous brothers and sisters! Our garage sale will be on Sunday, May 21. I'm praying for a lot of sales! My friend is a young father with 4 young children. One can only imagine how the wife is coping! She needs a lot of supernatural strength and grace from God! 


"Whoever puts faith in me believes not so much in me as in Him who sent me..." John 12:44

In another version, we read, "If you trust me, you are really trusting God who sent me." Jesus continues with the words, "Whoever looks on me is seeing Him who sent me." 

It's difficult to trust and believe in someone we do not see or hear. But in Malachi 3:10, God says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."

If we can test Him in our giving of tithes, we can also prove Him when it comes to His other promises. There are warnings in the Bible that we should not test God like the Pharisees did. They wanted to look for a way to trip Jesus up with His answers. But a lot of God's commands come with promises attached to them, and when we obey, it's like putting money in the bank. Obedience brings blessing. 

Father, I pray that I may nurture my little mustard seed of faith. I want to be like Peter who obeyed You when You told him to put out into the deep. Even when he had been fishing all night and caught nothing, Peter obeyed, and was rewarded with abundance. 




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

11 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to visit your desk Patsy.
    Have a lovely week
    Lynn x 14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the garage sale goes well, and much funds are raised for your friend. How wonderful of you to give your time and support - good friends such as you are a blessing indeed.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Bubbles (PatchworkApples) #13
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-414.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the sale goes really well. Thank God for good friends and generous souls. Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your friend recovers - just a reminder for all of us how fragile we are and that we should count our blessings. Something like that just puts things into perspective, doesn't it. Love your drawing - you're so good at that! Good luck with the sale. zsuzsa #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat.

    Nice setup. This is my first time visiting your site. I glanced at the artwork and they look nice. Based on the other comments, I'm guessing they are yours.

    I like your insight and I may come back in the future. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your garage sale goes well, this is what being a Christian is all about. Send him blessings from Spain. Anickoana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and kind idea to benefit your still comatose friend with whatever means possible. Bless you both! Prayers for the afflicted
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. My word what a lot of effort you are going to, your friend is blessed to have you and I wish him a powerful and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your garage sale, what a sad cause to raise money for. I hope your friend recovers. I like how you are pre-pricing and bagging your items - I'm planning on having a garage sale as well in the near future, and you have inspired me! Sorry I'm so late this week! Lindart#37

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the sale Patsy. I am late this week but better late than not at all! Have a great crafty weekend and a happy belated woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy