Thursday, January 24, 2019

Practice Obedience

“To do Your will O Lord is my delight.” 

Psalm 40:8




With obedience comes blessing. “Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love; just as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full" (John 15:9-11)


Abide means to obey, follow, accept or act in accordance with a rule or recommendation. I think abiding, and obeying also takes constant practice. It gets easier with discipline. For instance, people think that a writer is born a writer, or an artist is born an artist. But many artists and writers will tell you they have to practice their craft, and put in the hours of routine and discipline to hone their craft. The same is true with our faith. We cannot expect robust spiritual growth if we do not put in the time to read scripture and pray and serve others. 


But the reward, as Jesus promises, is fullness of joy. It’s just like the words in one of the figurines we used to make, “Work for the Lord. The pay isn’t much but the retirement plan is out of this world! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy