Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Lord's Day


Our family is part of a Christian Community,
Ligaya ng Panginoon (joy of the Lord),
which in turn is part of a community of communities
around the world called Sword of the Spirit.

Today, my husband led the prayer meeting.
We had a good time worshiping
the Lord, singing and praying.

Then we had a teaching about the
Lord's Day, or the Sabbath.
I've heard a lot of teachings about this,
and honestly, I thought,
I don't think I'm going to learn anything new!
But I did!

In John 19:28-31, Jesus said,
"It is finished."
With that, he bowed his head,
and gave up His spirit.

Jesus proclaimed this on the 6th day,
God finished His work of creation on the 6th day.
Jesus rested on the 7th day,
and God rested on the 7th day (Genesis 2).
Jesus completed His redeeming work,
and He is the fulfillment of the Sabbath rest.
It is obviously very important to God,
that we set apart the Sabbath.
How wonderful that our God thinks
of even this for us!
We who are sometimes slaves to our work!

I decided I would do my journal,
and some reading, and refrain
from working to honor the Lord's day.
So here is my journal page.

I am linking this to



The nice pictures above are from
Pastor Joe Jones blog.

12 comments:

  1. ou just gave a short and sweet lesson on your blog. A wonderful Sunday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spirit of joy that is communicated by your artwork. Am following by networked blogs now. Can't wait to see more of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He is the fulfillment of the Sabbath rest...." This struck a chord with me in a deep place. I do not have to strive, because He has fulfilled all. I can rest in Him. It reminds me of something I read on someone's wonderful blog recently, from John 6:

    28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

    29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy,
    I am so, so impressed by your header. Your art is beautiful!

    If it is one thing I love about blogging, it is that you get to "meet" people from all over the world . . .Philippines! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in from Michelle's blog, what beautiful art work you have!
    So great to meet you- as Amy said, how fun to meet people from all over the world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:49 PM

    I love that the Sabbath is a gift of rest and peace, rather the probition we have made it to be and rebelled against. God knows we need a day of quiet - he designed us that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I'll have to go check out that blog you linked to. I don't even get on the computer on Sundays. It's kind of my family day and the Lords day so I just try to stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that EVERY act of GOD is intentional! How He must laugh when we finally notice :) Thank you for sharing...all the way from the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patsy! What a joy to meet you...and to think, all the way from the Philippines you are connected with the Hear It, Use It community -- I love it! Your message is well-received by me today, especially after a very hectic and unrestful Sunday. I need to look closely at how to honor the Sabbath so we can rejoice in God AND come away rejuvinated and refreshed. Thank you for pointing my thinking in the right direction.

    I LOVE your art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful post, thanks for sharing!

    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, what an interesting and colorful blog you have here!!!!

    Just wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog and come over here and see who I was talking to. Good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patsy, your art is amazing! I can see love in all these pieces your feature throughout your blog--and I've been perusing! I am thrilled to send a big hug and blessing to the Philippines! I have some new friends at work who arrived from your country as part of a physical therapy contract our hospital has with a school in the Philippines. They are good Christian men who love to talk about Jesus, which is such a joy.

    So very nice to meet you here. Many blessings to you this day.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy