Friday, September 06, 2013

Paint Party Friday: New Wine!

I joined the Made e-course,
an exploration of God-centered creativity.
I am starting my first page which is about
freedom and safety.
I have to confess that both my safety and freedom 
are in the Word of God.

This morning I read from Luke 5:33-39:
"No one tears a piece from a new cloak to patch an old one.
Otherwise he will tear the new
and the piece from it will not match the old cloak.
Likewise, no one pours new wine
into old wineskins.
Otherwise the new wine will burst the skins,
and it will be spilled,
and the skins will be ruined.
Rather, NEW WINE MUST BE POURED
INTO FRESH WINESKINS."

I believe God's Word is always new, ever fresh, 
eternally alive and exciting.
However it does not always appear that way, does it?
That is because it is put into OLD WINESKINS!
I believe that we all need to find fresh new ways of
understanding, listening, obeying, teaching, loving.
We can't do the same old, same old.
When I went to Europe,
I noticed the wonderful churches were
filled with older people.
How do we reach the younger generation?

How do we, as Jesus asked us to do,
"Put out into deep water and lower your nets
for a catch?" Luke 5:4

These days, what are our children into?
Twitter, Google +, Facebook, You Tube, etc.
People of today have a new way of interacting,
a different way of learning, and there are 
myriads of ways to reach out!
It is exciting to see, experience and use
these new frontiers!
We all should be winemakers,
filled with the Spirit of God,
excited about what God wants us to do
and HOW He wants us do it!


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #57, Lyn Cohen of Getting my Feet Wet.
I am always delighted to visit 
and see her wonderful drawings of 
snippets of her life!


Linking with

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas and
join these wonderful blog parties!!!
So many WONDERFUL blogfriends to discover!



26 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I dropped by too! I loved your little thumbprint on Simple & Sweet and had to stop by to see more! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, beautiful words. Thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Happy PPF!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful paintings, lovely textures and colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my friend, yes! Yes and yes, ANd Carolyn, over at RJD touched on the age thing a bit. We have to be so moldable and sometimes we as believers just get stuck in our old skins! Amen, and thank you for so faithfully joining in with your beautiful works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - I am new to your blog and very pleased to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So prolific and amazing again, Patsy!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful artistic interpretation of a wonderful verse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really needed this reminder about a fresh approach to God's word...since we are talking about journaling today it occured to me that the Bible is a glimpse into God's journal of time and the His interaction with mankind. Cool, huh? I love how you bring freshness to God's word with your art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:30 PM

    Beautiful work and a thoughtful message about the future and how we nourish it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always a pleasure and a joy to visit your site. You share God's Word in such a lovely way :) Thank you.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Loved that you brought this to life with what we do with our "older" faith and how we bring it to "new" women.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many lovely pieces....great work on the faces!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab work, beautiful faces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a powerful message about new wineskins. Love the beautiful colours in your pictures.
    Thanks for linking up at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings
    Mel from Essential Thing Devotions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art is so, so beautiful, Patsy, and so beautifully paired with Truth. Have a lovely weekend. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those paintings - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pieces. They are so wonderfully done! Love the words of your post as well. Straight from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found you through the Common Ground blog. So glad to stop by and make your acquaintance! I am also an artist of faith who leads a group on Facebook called Creative Currents. You're welcome to join and show your beautiful art. God bless you and the work of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Patsy, this is beautiful! I LOVE your uplifting paintings. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous11:53 AM

    I love your piece about the wineskin. The contrast of the vibrant colors against the blackness of her hair is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love seeing your art make these verses come alive! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work as always.. and a lovely inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful and inspirational post with fantastic art. I have been attending and joined the most spiritual church. Our Pastor is on 'fire' and his message teaches so many New things and ways of seeing the Biblical world in relation to us. I am so blessed because of this church who has also become my family. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patsy, thank you for creating this beautiful blog. Your painting of Luke 5:36-39 is refreshing. I agree with you, we need to use new technology to reach out to the younger generation. I pray that my children will be inspired to listen and read the daily Liturgy readings that I daily send to them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patsy, thank you for creating this beautiful blog. Your painting of Luke 5:36-39 is refreshing. I agree with you, we need to use new technology to reach out to the younger generation. I pray that my children will be inspired to listen and read the daily Liturgy readings that I daily send to them.

    God bless you
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy