Monday, September 09, 2013

Stretch out Your Hand!

"Stretch out your hand," Jesus said to the man
with a withered right hand,
and the hand was restored.
There is more to this story than a healing.
In the Jewish mind, the right hand was
the hand of power and strength.
It was the "good hand". 
You never shook another's hand with your left.
You ate with your right hand
and reserved your left hand for 
cleaning up dirt, cleaning your waste in the toilet.
Remember that in Jesus' time.
the Jews ate with their hands, no utensils.

Many biblical historians also believe
that this man was a stone mason
and had crushed his hand while working.
This man had lost his livelihood,
his role as a provider and leader of his family,
he lost his place in society, and his dignity.
When Jesus restored his right hand,
this man regained his role in his family and in his society.

There are today many in our society
in need of God's healing and restoration.
Just yesterday I heard a widow share about her trials
and I was thinking how I could help her.

Especially as she was one of those 
I look up to.
A sister in the Lord who has persevered
in spite of many challenges.

"Teach us to number our days aright." Psalm 90:12
To make our days count.
To not squander the valuable gift of time.
To waste it on frivolous things.
If there is something I can do for others
to heal and restore them,
that is something worthwhile to do.

I am going to pray and think about
what I can do to help this widow
with 2 sons
who does not have any livelihood.


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
Check out her Halloween giveaway!








7 comments:

  1. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. link wheel services

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad that when I was small, it was my left hand who lost one of it's fingers, not the right one. Or else I would had more problems than I had.
    Nice sharing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is (as always) stunning and the inspiring words you team it up with are so uplifting.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and heartwarming.
    We like seeing your artwork, thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings from Heaven,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post you shared at UNITE today makes me think about how many times I, or us as Christians can sit in our pews and keep our hands in our pockets...when God calls us to reach, heal, bless, touch those who need us. Thanks for getting us outside of ourselves today friend! Each week more and more your words and paintings increasingly bless me! ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEautiful colour and painterly style. http://www.inlinkz.com/displayurl.php?id=13556664

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy